Goa is the best place for every Indian who wants to travel and spend some quality time. It has everything that will soothe your mind in the perfect way. From beaches to beautiful locales, this state is something that will leave you mesmerized.
But the delicacies made by Goan people are equally wonderful. The seafood available here will leave you spellbound.
In this blog, we will talk about the Goan Prawn Curry, which is available at the best Indian Restaurant in Sydney and its recipe.
Goan Prawn Curry
It is one such dish that will taste really good in Goan soil. The spices offer intense flavors due to the climate of the locality.
This delicacy is something that will surely satisfy your food cravings. But to enjoy it to the fullest, we will share its recipe and what all are required to make them scrumptious.
- 500 gms of prawns that are deshelled and deveined.
- 3-4 green chillies that are slit.
- A finely chopped onion.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- One cup of thick extracted fresh coconut milk.
- Two medium garlic cloves
- Half-inch ginger.
- Three dried red chilies
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric powder.
- ½ tsp black peppercorns
- ½ tbsp tamarind pulp
- First of all, take the prawns and marinate them for fifteen minutes after adding chopped green chilies, onion, and some salt.
- Put some dried red chillies in warm water for 10 minutes to get them soaked.
- Grind some ginger, cumin and coriander seeds, garlic, dry red chilli, peppercorns and turmeric and add some water to it after making a paste out of these ingredients.
- Cook the marinated prawns for a couple of minutes on a low flame after adding coconut oil to them.
- After that, add the ground spice paste and mix it well. Then add thin coconut milk extract and turmeric powder and boil it. Simmer the prawns on the lower flame until they are almost cooked.
- Next, adjust the seasoning before you pour thick coconut milk extract. Mix it well and cook it on low flame for another 30-60 seconds. Ensure the heat is low to avoid getting the milk split.
- At the end, garnish the curry with coriander leaves and let it sit for 30 minutes before you serve.
- Serve this dish hot with rice.
To enhance its taste and aroma, cook this delicacy in an earthenware pot. It will leave a memorable experience in your mind.
This curry is an authentic recipe. But since every Indian home has its own way of making it enjoyable. So you will find many alternatives to make this dish more fantastic.
If you order this dish at the best Indian Restaurant in Umina Beach, It will be more enjoyable and worth indulging for your time.
For a heavenly indulgence, come to our restaurant and find the most authentic dishes that will surely soothe your soul with the layers of spices that offer the best flavors for your taste buds. Go to our website to learn more about our table bookings.