Have you ever had a dish that would set your mouth on fire with an unmatchable taste? Or something that would burst so many flavors at once that you would not be able to stop yourself from trying out another one?
If not, we have a perfect dish that would ignite a special feeling in your mouth. We are talking about Chicken 65 – a crazy dish prepared by marinating the small chicken pieces and frying them by coating them in the bread crumbs to make the dish crispy and tender. You would get the punch of flavors, including ginger, garlic, curry leaves, and chilies. You can easily get this dish at our Indian Restaurant In Warners Bay, so if you want to try out the salty and flavourful bite-sized chicken pieces, you must definitely try it out anytime soon.
Today we are going to have a mild discussion about chicken 65 and where it originated from to give the dish a better meaning. Do not worry the recipe is also shown below if it makes you hungry. And if you do not want to cook, you can always order from Indian Restaurant.
Where Does Chicken 65 Originate From?
In 1965, a gentleman named A.M Buhari in the region of Tamil Nadu prepared this succulent dish according to some theory. In contrast, another theory suggests that the dish is cooked with the help of 65 different spices used together to create this spicy dish. Another such idea is there, which states that the marination was prepared in 65 days. Whatever the theory is, all we know is that it is a beautiful dish that you must try once if you are a food lover and like to try out dishes from a different region to learn about their culture.
Recipe of Chicken 65 ( Kerala style)
Remember, not everyone can follow the recipe like a pro. This is why we are here to serve you.
Let us begin with the ingredients used for this dish.
- Boneless chicken pieces
- Ginger garlic paste
- Lemon juice
- Whole red Kashmiri chilies
- Turmeric powder
- Black peppercorn
- Fennel seeds
- Cinnamon sticks
- Cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Egg white
- Rice powder
- Curry leaves
- And frying oil
Let us now move towards the method of cooking chicken 65
- Start by marinating the thigh chicken pieces with ginger-garlic paste, some yogurt, salt to taste, and some lemon juice. Make sure you marinate it well for at least 30 minutes before moving to another step.
- Mix the marination well with grounded turmeric, black peppercorn, red chilies, cinnamon sticks, and cumin seeds.
- Then you can add some curry leaves, rice powder, and egg white into the marination and mix it well.
- At a temperature of about 176 to 190 degrees celsius, heat the oil for the purpose of frying the dish.
- For about 6-10 minutes, fry the well-marinated chicken until it is crispy golden brown and tender inside.
- And the end serves it hot with some green chutney along with a slice of lemon for zesty touch.